Notice: Campaign Membership Program Change (October 31, 2007)
Historically, Seattle Audubon and the NW Shade Coffee Campaign have maintained relationships with coffee roasters, retailers and producers who joined the Campaign as members. These dues-paying member companies/organizations have played a critical role in raising awareness about the value of shade-grown coffee among their customers and communities, while also offering shade coffee for sale. The Campaign extends its gratitude and praise to these companies for their continued commitment to providing shade-grown and other sustainable coffees.
Effective October 31, 2007, the current Campaign Membership Program is no longer renewing past members nor accepting new members. Seattle Audubon and the NW Shade Coffee Campaign continue to partner with friends and allies in promoting shade-grown coffee through exciting new and revitalized opportunities. The Campaign continues working to engage a larger grassroots volunteer team, connect with local Audubon chapters, and reach out to larger industry retailers in order to further increase consumer demand and awareness of shade-grown coffee. Please take a look at our Shade Coffee Toolkit that we have developed to help you continue to tell the shade-grown coffee story.
As of October 31, 2007, Seattle Audubon and the NW Shade Coffee Campaign ask that member companies and allies
- Continue to contact the Campaign for access to literature (brochures, trading cards, and more )
- Continue to use shadecoffee.org as a resource for news, science and stories
- Continue to read quarterly updates in Cuentos de la Sombra, the Campaign's quarterly newsletter
- Cease from using the Campaign's circular Western Tanager logo (seen in the web banner above) in any format
- Remove Campaign logo from coffee products, bulk bins, menu boards, store displays, promotional literature
Contact us to arrange for a copy of the NEW Campaign web logo for use on your website as an informational web link
(see the example below)
Note: Like our circular logo, this NEW rectangular logo should never be used to suggest a seal of shade certification, neither on products nor on promotional materials or websites.
Our work to protect migratory birds cannot happen without your involvement. Let us know how we can support your work in spreading the word that SHADE MATTERS!